The UMGSA is seeking a University of Manitoba graduate student for the position of UMGSA Council Chair for the 2019-2020 academic year. The successful candidate has a passion for student politics, is comfortable with public speaking and has great interpersonal skills.
- Chair monthly meetings of the UMGSA Council (usually on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 5:30pm, starting in June 2019)
- Chair the UMGSA Annual General Meeting (usually held in December or January)
- Moderate online votes when necessary
- Keep in communication with UMGSA Office Staff and Executives by email
- Honorarium of $50 per meeting (meetings usually last around 1-2 hours)
- Gain credit for your Co-Curricular Record
- Improve your public speaking, mediation and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the University of Manitoba Graduate Students’ Association
- Experience with Robert’s Rules of Order
- Ability to follow procedures as outlined in the UMGSA Bylaws, the UMGSA Governance & Operations Manual and Robert’s Rules of Order
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Ruth Prokesch at email@example.com with the subject line “Council Chair” by Monday, June 10th, 2019.