Hello Grad Students.
*For the latest COVID-19 updates for the UofM community, please visit the UofM Website at http://umanitoba.ca/coronavirus.*
Click the button below for the University of Manitoba COVID-19 Mental Health information
Food Hampers: If you are in need of food, the University of Manitoba Food Bank is delivering hampers of non-perishables. You may request a Hamper once every 3 weeks.
- Requests for hamper support should be sent to: foodbank@Umanitoba.ca
- Requests must include: full name, student #, contact phone #, and delivery address (students may be full- or part-time, but must be enrolled in the term they are seeking support in)
We at the UMGSA know this is a difficult and uncertain time for all of us, and we are doing what we can to limit risks while continuing to maintain our essential operations.
In keeping with the advice of public health experts, we are putting social distancing measures into place.
The UMGSA Office and the UMGSA Lounge will be closed until further notice. Executives’ official office hours are also suspended during this time.
UMGSA Council and Committee Meetings will be held by video-conference. The UMGSA will likewise not be holding any in-person events or meetings until further notice.
Conference grant applications can be submitted through our online application system as per usual.
Department grant applications should be submitted by the April 1st, 2022 deadline to Ruth at email@example.com
All of our executives and staff remain accessible by email as follows:
- Silvia Sekander, President: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rubel Chandra Talukder, Vice-President Academic: email@example.com
- Nora Ampomah, Vice-President Finance & Administration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Golnaz Shirzadi, Vice-President Services & Support: email@example.com
- AKM Monsurul Alam, Senator 1: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Dowie, Senator 2: email@example.com
- Ruth Prokesch, Office Manager/General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julia Minarik, Governance & Communications Coordinator (Temp): email@example.com
Please keep an eye out for additional updates from the UMGSA and from the University.
Everyone should avoid close contact with others, and wash their hands thoroughly and often.
If you are ill, please stay at home. Call ahead before seeking medical treatment or testing.
Please stay safe, and we wish you all the best.