There are many housing options available to you as a student at the University of Manitoba. If you’d like to live on campus, visit Student Residences for more information.
If you would like to live off-campus, you have lots of options: houses, apartments, suites and duplexes are available to rent all around Winnipeg at a price to suit almost every budget. There have been issues with illegal housing practices in the area surrounding the U of M in recent years, however, so click here to educate yourself on this issue. If you are looking for a rental property off-campus, make sure that your residence meets the required standards for housing in Manitoba. Winnipeg Police Service provides a map of the city with crime statistics if you would like to learn more about the safety of particular neighbourhoods in Winnipeg. It’s also a good idea to visit the Residential Tenancies Branch for information on your rights as a tenant.
Check here for fellow students looking for roommates, rooms to rent and more. These posts are provided as a service by the UMGSA, but the organization has not vetted and does not endorse them.
Grad Student Housemate Wanted
Housemate wanted. August 1 or sooner, and will wait for the right person.
- Charming 100-year old apartment building a block off Corydon Avenue. A friendly place where you get to know your neighbours.
- You would be sharing the apartment with me. I am a health researcher at the U of M and a documentary filmmaker. I am in my early 40s.
- $500/month plus half hydro ($15). Rent includes internet and laundry
- Woman over 25 preferred. Artist friendly. Queer friendly.
- The neighbourhood is very safe, walkable, full of trees and houses, and a block away from coffee shops, restaurants, etc. You don’t need a car. You can get all your basic needs within a few blocks walk.
- Very bus accessible. A few blocks away, two different buses take you straight to the university (about 40 minute bus ride or 20 minute car ride). The bus to downtown one short block away.
- This is an ideal spot for someone who likes to live closer to the heart of the city, doesn’t mind a bus ride, or doesn’t need to be on campus everyday. Also terrific if you work downtown or further north while also studying at U of M.
- Lots of coffee shops within walking distance to sit and study.
- Walkable to Osborne Village. A short bus or bike ride to downtown.
- Must be able to sign a contract with me for 9 months (and hopefully you’ll stay longer).
- Large unfurnished bedroom, semi-furnished living room, and dining room
- Clawfoot tub/shower
- 3rd floor walkup suite with a truly gorgeous deck
- Shared tool room. Perfect for artists and other creatives!
- Large common room can be used for meetings, rehearsals, movie nights, whatever!
- Easy street parking.
Must have time to participate in some combination of a few indoor or outdoor chores. No pets unfortunately (allergies). Contact Sheryl – email@example.com