U of M Anti-Racism
Racism is deeply entrenched in our academic institutions. The UMGSA has a role to play in contributing toward an anti-racist environment where all students are recognized, valued, respected and treated fairly.
Please feel free to contact our VP Services and Support email@example.com about anti-racism in the UMGSA.
U of M Resources
If you have experience racism on campus or within the U of M institution and need to speak to someone, please reach out to one of these student supports:
- The Student Counselling Centre is available at 204-474-8592. Crisis Counselling resources are also available to you 24/7.
- Indigenous Student Centre advisors and other supports can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-474-8850.
- The UM Black Alliance can be contacted at email@example.com. Read their statement here.
- International Centre advisors are available at 204-474-8501, or e-mail the International Student Centre to book an appointment or discuss drop-in availability.
- Spiritual services can be reached by e-mail or by calling 204-298-2467 to make an appointment.
- If you have experienced discrimination at UM, please contact our Office of Human Rights and Conflict Management.
Anti-Racism Reading List.
We encourage you to explore this list of Anti-Racism readings compiled by the UM Libraries as a place to start.