The UMGSA General Election is fast approaching. The Nomination period for the UMGSA General Election is now CLOSED. Information about the candidates will be available on this page shortly.
The positions available include:
- Vice-President, Services & Support
- Vice-President, Academic
- Vice-President, Finance & Administration
The detailed description of each role can be found on pages 8-10 of the Governance & Operations Manual
The UMGSA Election Forums are a great venue for you to listen to each candidate speak on student issues.
Fort Garry Campus & Bannatyne Campus Joint Forum
Date & Time: March 17th, 2021 at 5:00PM CT
The Election Forum is open to all graduate students and is a chance for YOU to ask the UMGSA Executive Candidates any questions you have about their plans for the 2021/22 term, before casting your vote.
Register in advance for the Election Forum here:
Relevant deadlines and dates
Nomination period: February 8 – 19, 2021
- Pre-Campaign period: February 8 – March 14, 2021*
- Campaign prep period: March 1 – March 14, 2021
- Campaigning period: March 15 – 21, 2021
- Voting period: March 22 (9am) – 23 (5pm), 2021
*please note that the ‘Nomination period’ and the ‘Campaign prep period’ also counts as part of the ‘pre-campaign’ period for regulation purposes.
Application guidelines and forms
Kindly review the Election & Referendum Manual and appropriate forms below.
- Carefully read the Election and Referendum Manual
- Fill the Election Nomination form
- Click here to access the complaint form
- Click here to access the appeal form
If you have any questions, concerns or feedback , please contact the Chief Returning Officer, Sedem Kumahor at email@example.com.