There are many housing options available to you as a student at the University of Manitoba. If you’d like to live on campus, visit Student Residences for more information.
If you would like to live off-campus, you have lots of options: houses, apartments, suites and duplexes are available to rent all around Winnipeg at a price to suit almost every budget. There have been issues with illegal housing practices in the area surrounding the U of M in recent years, however, so click here to educate yourself on this issue. If you are looking for a rental property off-campus, make sure that your residence meets the required standards for housing in Manitoba. Winnipeg Police Service provides a map of the city with crime statistics if you would like to learn more about the safety of particular neighbourhoods in Winnipeg. It’s also a good idea to visit the Residential Tenancies Branch for information on your rights as a tenant.
Other Useful Links
- Globe Property Management: Apartments For Rent
- Trovit: Houses and apartments for sale and for rent
- Rentals.ca 🙂 Apartments, Condos and Houses for Rent Across Canada
- Winnipeg Apartments, Condos & House Rentals
- Winnipeg Apartments for Rent – Available Apartments
- Affordable Apartment, Housing, Rental Properties, Guides for Tenants and Landlords in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Apartments for Rent in Winnipeg, MB with 921 Rentals
- 🏠 Apartments & Condos for Sale or Rent in Winnipeg (great for finding low budget rentals but be cautious and avoid paying before seeing the apartment)
The UMGSA is working towards finding affordable housing options around Winnipeg that will waive guarantor forms for graduate students.
At this time, ARC Building by the U of M is accepting students in Fall 2021 will waive guarantor forms for graduates with proof of funding.