UMGSA wants you to know that we are here for you.  You may reach out to any Executive member listed here UMGSA Executive Team. We encourage all the graduate students to keep the communication channel open with their supervisor and / or their department head and / or graduate advisor. We encourage you to visit the following links to ensure you practice self-care and positive mental health:

Mental Health Services

If you’re looking for mental health support:

  • UM’s Student Counselling Centre (SCC) offers individual counselling, workshops and groups, depending on your level of need.  The SCC continues to operate, albeit with reduced capacity because some of their staff are participating in the UMFA strike. Individual counselling appointments continue to be offered by staff who are working and intake appointments for new clients are also available. Some groups and workshops also remain available to students. Most SCC services are currently virtual and all are confidential and free for students to access. Call 204-474-8592 to connect.
  • Student Services at Bannatyne Campus(SSBC) offers free, private, and confidential services if you are a student or resident of the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences. Services include individual counselling and mental health supports and referrals as needed. Call 272-3190 or email BCSS [at] umanitoba [dot] ca to make an appointment.

These are just a small sample of the resources available to you, at UM and in the community. You can also be connected with the Rainbow Resource Centre, Women’s Health Clinic, Men’s Resource Centre, support for problematic drug use, and many more resources, through the SCC.

For urgent help

Call 911 if you or someone else is in immediate danger.

If you’re on campus, call security at 204‑474‑9341 (555 from a campus phone).

Call the Klinic Crisis Program for urgent support (204-786-8686) or visit the Klinic Crisis Support webpage for additional support lines.

Everything you need to thrive

Visit Student Supports to find resources catered to your specific needs whether it’s academic success, financial supports, health & wellness, accessibility, safety and more.

Crisis Supports

If you’re in distress and feel like you need to talk to someone urgently, please connect with one of these options:

  • The SCC offers same-day, brief crisis and emergency services to students in very high distress Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Call 204-474-8592 to discuss your situation.

Other Personal & Cultural Supports

Depending on what health or wellness service you’re looking for, UM has support available:

Mental Health Survey 2021 Results

Click here to see results

Be well, stay safe, and watch for updates by way of further UM account emails and these social media feeds: